- Leads, shapes, and oversees the work of eight professional librarians
- Significant responsibilities in the areas of campus engagement, research services, teaching and learning, including e-learning, content and collections management, and scholarly communication. ‘
- Leadership and support in development of entrepreneurship and research analytics services.
- American Library Association accredited Master’s degree in Library/ Information Science, or equivalent combination of an advanced degree with relevant experience,minimum of three years experience in progressively responsible positions within an academic library (orrelated) environment.
- Successful leadership experience, including the ability to lead and motivate librarians and staff and the potential for leading transformational change.
- Demonstrated understanding of scholarship and research processes, (e.g., scholarly communication, publishing, and copyright issues).
- Demonstrated understanding of pedagogy, educational practices, and library support for teaching and learning.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting a diverse environment, demonstrated creativity, initiative, and self-direction.
- Ability to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities, and record of professional activities, such as research and engagement in professional organizations.
For more information or to apply go to: https://www.myu.umn.edu/psp/psprd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=315518&PostingSeq=1