MLIS Office Contact Information
NOTICE: This blog will no longer be updated as of April 8, 2017.
Please visit the new LIS Department website at lis.stkate.edu.
Program News and Events
Call for Submissions
Friday, December 16, 2016
Library Intern Position with Wisdom Ways Center for Spirituality
Wisdom Ways Center for Spirituality, Carondelet Center
Library Intern Position
5-10 hours a week | Winter/Spring 2017 semester
Work can be done during day, evening, or weekend hours and is flexible based on school schedule and breaks
1. Manage and process library circulation and all returns.
2. Contact borrowers with overdue items.
3. Create monthly resource features & arrangements in collaboration with Wisdom Ways staff and theme.
4. Manage, update, and continue to weed entire collection, preparing, cataloging, and shelving donations and resources as needed.
5. Complete transfer of collection from paper tracking system to online tracking system.
6. Create bibliography and resource lists for applicable programs and special events.
7. Create standard operating procedures for all standard library processes.
8. Work with the Associate Director to brainstorm and create opportunities for collaboration and outreach between the library and Wisdom Ways’ staff, volunteers, instructors, participants.
9. Work with the Associate Director to brainstorm and explore avenues of successful marketing for the Wisdom Ways library.
1. Current MLIS student at Saint Catherine University in good academic standing.
2. Knowledge of and interest in spiritually focused literature
3. Ability to work independently and follow instructions
4. Effectively communicate with internship supervisor questions, concerns, and/or feedback.
5. Highly detailed and strong organizational skills.
6. Creative thought process that contributes to new ideas to library presentation
7. Commitment for the duration of the selected semester.
Prospective intern must provide a resume, statement of interest, and be able to provide two academic related references.
This internship opportunity is ideal for a student interested in expanding their knowledge of progressive, feminist library resources and seeking to get significant experience in a flexible environment.
Contact Sonja Ausen-Anifrani, Associate Director, Wisdom Ways, 651.696.2794 or firstname.lastname@example.org