The Preservation team with Hennepin County Library plays a vital role in ensuring the long-term viability of the Library’s print collections through repair and restoration measures, bookbinding and other preservation methods. We also perform a consulting function to staff on preservation-related matters.
Read more for duties, responsibilities and how to apply
- Preservation bookbinding.
- Construction of preservation enclosures as well as simple mending.
- General processing including clerical work and data entry.
- Simple photography using a DSLRBest Qualified Candidates will have:
- Attention to detail with excellent manual dexterity.
- Coursework and/or experience in book preservation helpful, but not required.
- Not had an internship with Hennepin County Library in the past.To Apply:
Submit a resume, brief cover letter outlining your qualifications for this internship, and contact information for two references to:Barb McKenzie
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305
email@example.com (preferred)(612) 543-8579