MLIS Office Contact Information
NOTICE: This blog will no longer be updated as of April 8, 2017.
Please visit the new LIS Department website at lis.stkate.edu.
Program News and Events
Call for Submissions
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Out of State Opportunity
School Librarian, Park Century School, Culver CA
This position, which is to commence January of 2017, will be a part time position until the fall of the 2017-18 school year when it becomes full time. The part time duties will include the following:
· perform all duties such as circulation, collection management and development, and cataloguing
· teach research and library skills instruction to grades 2-8
· organize the school’s yearly book fair, which includes arranging for an author to speak to the students
· conduct age appropriate storytimes to inspire a love of reading
The additional full time duties for the fall will include:
· teach Literature as a subject to individuals and groups
· serve as an upper school advisor
The successful candidate will strive to make the library a warm and welcoming place to readers of all levels and abilities. The candidate will enjoy working in a team-oriented environment and appreciate and support reluctant readers.
The position calls for a minimum of a BA in English and/or a degree in Library Science.