Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with library staff to plan and deliver programming focusing on children and their caregivers.
- Developing creative and engaging projects and activities to enhance learning and literacy in a drop-in environment.
- Creating a safe, respectful, and literacy-rich learning environment in the children’s area of the library.
- Foster school-age literacy and learning by assisting with the Homework Help program several hours per week.
- Partner with library staff to create programming and displays encouraging teens to attend programs and participate in interactive offerings.
- Helping at the Information desk with staff to assist patrons with reference and computer questions.
- Assisting with collection management projects as needed.
- Keeping accurate records of participation and preparing activity reports.Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Enrolled in a Master's Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited program or a recent graduate.
- The ability to approach and engage youth on a one-to-one basis while being creative, reliable, patient and adaptable
- Strong computer and customer service skills.
- Not completed an internship with Hennepin County Library in the past.To Apply:Submit a resume, brief cover letter outlining your qualifications for this internship, and contact information for two references to:Barb McKenzie
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305