MLIS Office Contact Information
NOTICE: This blog will no longer be updated as of April 8, 2017.
Please visit the new LIS Department website at lis.stkate.edu.
Program News and Events
Call for Submissions
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
Library Technician with Metro State University
METROPOLITAN STATE UNIVERSITY, a vibrant and growing public, urban university, is seeking to fill a Technical Services Technician position within the Library and Learning Center, beginning December 2016.
This position will provide day-to-day implementation and assistance of technical services at Metropolitan State University Library. Assist Cataloging & Acquisitions Librarian with the ordering and receiving of resources. Assist Cataloging & Acquisitions Librarian with the cataloging of new and gift materials. Assist E-Resources Librarian with physical and electronic journals. Contribute to the maintenance of the library’s electronic resources collection and website. Hires, trains and manages student worker(s) in the technical services area.
• Working knowledge of library classification system(s) and standard library reference tools sufficient to assist clients in locating materials and conducting research.
• Ability to apply and support detailed coding or cataloging systems sufficient to create tracking for new print and non-print library acquisitions and locate and replace existing materials.• Ability to operate personal computers, use various software and web-based applications, and other office equipment sufficient to locate catalog information, word-process documents, complete forms and prepare reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing sufficient to determine and respond to the informational needs of clients of varied educational levels and backgrounds.
• Ability to train, direct and evaluate work of student clerical staff.
• Ability to assist the professional library staff to maintain the library collection according to library policy and procedures.
• Knowledge of standard MARC bibliographic record.
• Familiarity with current trends, standards, and emerging technologies in libraries.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Two years of experience working in a library.
• Experience in copy cataloging and classification of library materials using Library of Congress classification, Library of Congress (LC) subject headings, machine-readable cataloging (MARC) records, Anglo-American Cataloguing Rules 2 (AACR2), or RDA.
• Experience using HTML, CSS, and/or content management systems.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Application: To apply, go to State of Minnesota Employment site: http://mn.gov/mmb/careers/ Job ID: 8862. Applications must be received by 11:59 PM on Closing Date: Monday, October 24, 2016.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email email@example.com. Please indicate what assistance is needed.