- The Hennepin County Law Library has a collection of old law books (primarily 17th and 18th century) that are now housed in a public space. We desire an intern who will, in consultation with the library director and special collections staff at Minneapolis Central Library, research the collection and titles in it and produce a written summary of findings. Additionally, the intern will prepare a display of selected titles for viewing at Minneapolis Central Library at a future date.
- Additional law library tasks such as processing new materials or service desk duties can be arranged if the intern has experience and interest in law library collections and reference.Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- Enrolled in a Master's Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited program or a recent graduate
- Have not completed an internship with Hennepin County Library in the past
- Coursework and interest in archives/special collections
- Experience in a law library or a legal setting (paralegal, Juris Doctor, law school, etc.) is preferred.
- Interest in working at a law library.To Apply:Submit a resume, brief cover letter outlining your qualifications for this internship, and contact information for two references to:Barb McKenzie
Hennepin County Library - Ridgedale
12601 Ridgedale Drive
Minnetonka, MN 55305