- A $500.00 prize
- Up to $300 travel reimbursement to attend the 45th annual ARLIS/NA annual conference in New Orleans, February 2017. The money may be used to reimburse travel expenses (though not meals, tours, or other costs).
- Paid registration to the New Orleans Conference, February 5-9, 2017.
- The chance to present the winning paper at the conference as part of the New Voices Panel.
- A one-year membership to ARLIS/NA.
- The paper or project must have been created or written during the preceding eighteen months by a student enrolled in an accredited graduate library program, or in a post-graduate library school program in art history or related discipline.
- The paper or project must be in conjunction with a course assignment.
- One submission is allowed per person.
- 10-25 pages, as typed, double-spaced on single sides of 8.5 x 11 inch paper.
- An abstract of 250 words.
- The title page must include a paper title, the name of the entrant and the institution attended, the name of the faculty member for whom it was written, and the course title.
- Bibliography and footnotes should follow an accepted format, such as the Chicago Manual of Style or The Elements of Style by Strunk and White.
- Authors should inform the committee chair if their contribution has been published previously or is being considered for publication.
- A 250-word summary of the project.
- A stable URL.
- The name of the institution and course for which it was created.
- The name of the faculty member assigning the project.
- The project must be accessible to all of the committee members for review.
Send entries to:
Chair, Gerd Muehsam Award Committee
National Gallery of Art Library
2000B South Club Drive – DLR