Working under the direction of MLIS faculty mentor David Lesniaski, the graduate assistant will have the opportunity to expand upon knowledge gained in the classroom. The graduate assistant will work closely with him on a variety of projects.
- Must be currently enrolled in the MLIS program at the of St. Catherine University (SCU)
- Must have completed LIS 7010 Introduction to Library and Information Science.
- Must have taken or currently be enrolled in LIS 7030, Organization of Knowledge OR have extensive cataloging experience
- Familiarity with standard cataloging tools and databases, including OCLC and Catalogers Desktop
- Some familiarity with and ability / willingness to learn standard desktop software including Word, Excel, Access.
- Must commit to at least one full semester as an assistant at an average of 10 hours/week
- Must abide by departmental policies and the student employment policies established in the SCU Student Employment Handbook
- Must meet periodically with mentor to provide regular updates on progress made toward learning goals established at the start of the assistantship.
- Must supply a current SCU transcript or grade report