Afton-Lakeland Elementary School has the following volunteer opportunities. The first is a one-time event and the second is an ongoing need throughout the year.
Reshelving Books Following Renovation
- What: Following the installation of new bookshelves this summer, books will need to be transferred from the old shelves to the new shelves in preparation for our grand opening on August 24th. Tasks may involve lifting books, arranging books on the shelf, and/or light cleaning.
- Why: To transform our media center into a space where 21st century learning can occur. Join us for this one-time opportunity to make a huge difference in the rejuvenation of our media center and school!
- When: Saturday, August 20th, 2016 from 8 AM - 2 PM
- Where: Afton-Lakeland Elementary School, 475 St. Croix Trail S, Lakeland, MN 55043
- Who: main contact - Greg Jaeger, 651-785-7086, firstname.lastname@example.org
Weeding & Organizing Books
- What: Weeding old, tired books from our collection based on a list of books and a set of instructions we will provide to guide you.
- Why: Recent analysis of the school's collection indicates that over a quarter of it hasn't been checked out in the last two years and the average age of items is about 25 years! Paired with the need to consolidate to accommodate our new bookshelves, you can help us dramatically by leaning our resources!
- When: As arranged with the media specialist
- Where: Afton-Lakeland Elementary School, 475 St. Croix Trail S, Lakeland, MN 55042
- Who: main contact - Nancy Ousley, Media Specialist, 651-351-6538, ousleyn@